This website contains instructions for making your own blocks; if you do it yourself the cost is minimal, however you will need basic equipment such as patternmaking paper, square ruler, pencils, etc. If your figure is very close to a standard figure you may choose to purchase blocks instead.
Purchase Blocks or Make Your Own?
If you do not want spend the time making your own block to begin with, if it seems too difficult, you don't have the time, or you'd rather start with a ready-made block, you can purchase a block for immediate download and use it as your base. You can make a toile out of calico, fit that toile, then make the necessary changes to the block.
What you need
You will need an printer that can print A4 or Letter size, sticky tape, scissors and some patternmaking cardboard so that you have a usable block that can be used for tracing around (paper is not good for that!).
Go to the Measurements pages and choose the correct size for you.
Purchase Skirt Blocks (one size) AUS $5.00
Detailed Measurements for each Block Set can be found in the Purchasing Block Menu on the right-hand side.
I can guarantee the block is made to the measurements specifications I have given. I can't guarantee the block will fit you; your measurements may not be correct, or your body shape may be also differ from the Standard Figure and require some adjustments (e.g. Square Shoulders, Sway Back, etc). I will eventually write instructions for making pattern adjustments in the Fitting Issues pages, but until then you will need to find that information elsewhere.
Go to the Measurements: Downloadable Blocks Page to see and/or download detailed measurements for all sizes for all blocks.
Before Purchasing Blocks
Before you make a decision to purchase any of the blocks on this site, it is important you:
- Read the information about what exactly you will be purchasing.
- Download the Sample Block and view the actual product, practice assembling the sample block as per the instructions, to see exactly what you end up with.
- Read the instructions for assembling the block.
- Read VERY CAREFULLY the information on the Sizes & Measurements (in a nutshell Sizes are really meaningless, you want to look at the measurements).
- Compare your measurements to the measurements of the block; if they are significantly different that means you do not have a Standard Figure.
- Read a few recommended articles: I don't want you to be disappointed if the block doesn't fit you perfectly first go. You may need to make some adjustments. I do NOT provide personalised free assistance to make those adjustments.
- Agree to the terms and conditions (one of the terms and conditions is that you have downloaded and assembled the Sample Block to understand what you are getting).
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions - You will need to agree to these at Check-out before you can purchase any blocks.