This shows the original concept drawing and a photo of me wearing the garment. Scroll down for some notes about how happy I am with this particular pattern, whether I would use it again, etc.
- The top is comfortable (as it's very loose everywhere but around the neckline) and I love wearing it around the house, but there are a few ways I'd make it different and better. (i.e. I wouldn't make it again as is).
- I added in some fullness at the CB in the bodice piece (not the back yoke), and it ended up too much fullness there.
- Because I changed my design at the last minute (chose to put in lining instead of using bias), my straps ended up too thin. When I say "too thin", I mean that in two ways. Firstly it made it too hard to sew, and secondly my bra strap tends to show.
- When I starting drafting the pattern for this and I moved the side seam dart into the design line, I immedatiely thought the the pattern would be better with a pricess line in the bodice. I did makeanother sample pattern out of a piece of leftover fabric, shown below. The waist dart was not sewn and I gathered it with elastic under the bust. With the print of the fabric, in this photo, it was quite difficult to see that princess seam - I have drawn it on top with a pink line.
I wouldn't make the top again, nor would I make the variation shown above. I would try the variation shown in the flat below; the same design line across the upper bust, with the princess line in the bodice front and back, but more fitting and with a button placket.
Credit for the Stock Photo I used to create the Vector Croquis on this page:
Andersonrise from 123RF Stock Photos
Copyright of original (photo) image: andersonrise / 123RF Stock Photo