This shows the original concept drawing, plus the final garment. If you scroll down further, there are also some notes on how I would make this dress differently if I were to remake it.
I intially wanted this dress to have gathers in the waist (which is what my concept design shows), but in the end I changed the waist gathers to darts which end up looking like dart pleats. I decided to try lining my dress differently to the way I usually do it and the result was a disaster. (As in the dress looks ok on the outside, but the inside and zip finish is dreadful).
However, I really, really like this dress. It's currently my favourite. If I were to remake it, I would use a soft denim (that didn't need lining) with the contrasting waistband and neckline made from a different patterned fabric.
In the image the waistband looks strange because the weight of my hands in the pockets is pulling it down at the sides.
Credit for the Stock Photo I used to create the Vector Croquis on this page:
Andersonrise from 123RF Stock Photos
Copyright of original (photo) image: andersonrise / 123RF Stock Photo