Instructions for Drafting This Pattern
The information covering how to draft this sewing pattern is contained on a number of pages - see the menu - these pages these follow on from in each in the menu order. The page you are currently on contains just the description of the garment.
Note on Drafting Patterns
You can follow along and practice patternmaking using free Third Scale Blocks, or you can draft the pattern full size for yourself.
If you would prefer to buy a set of Standard Blocks or Slopers, you can buy them on the Purchasing Blocks pages. Bodice Blocks are $12, Skirt Blocks are $5, Pants Blocks $8 and a Complete Set costs $20.00. These blocks come in sizes 6 - 22, and you can find a comprehensive list of the measurements for each size in the Measurements for Downloadable Blocks page.
- Sleeveless dress with high scoop neckline.
- Classic Empire Line; slope from front to back.
- Pleated flared skirt.
- Fully lined.
To see what this dress looked like in real life, see the Outcome & Notes page (final page in the menu).
Note: This dress may look very similar to Dress 001 in the Concept images, but there are various differences which can be more clearly seen in the Flats and the Pattern Pieces images:
- different skirts (skirt in dress 001 is more of a circle skirt, dress 002 has pleats in the waist, hem area very different)
- different waistbands (dress 001 has a square waistband, dress 002 has fitted Empire Line styling)
- difference in darts/dart equivalents (dress 001 has gathering, all dart value in waist, dress 002 has darts in side seam and waist)
- obvious difference in neckline
Click to go to Next Page > Flat & Details
Credit for the Stock Photo I used to create the Vector Croquis on this page:
Arturkurjan from 123 RF Stock Photos:
Copyright: arturkurjan / 123RF Stock Photo