Outcome & Notes (Dress 001)

This shows the original concept drawing, plus the final garment.  If you scroll down further, there are also some notes on how I would make this dress differently if I were to remake it.

dress-001-outcome-and-notes

outcome

Improvements

This dress was actually a remake of one I made a few years ago before I got my bodice block finalised - see the image below.

dress-001-original

This original dress that is shown here did fit me to some extent but I found it too low for my liking and the straps kept fall off my shoulders, so I hardly wore the dress.  I liked the design, so Dress 001 was a remake of this original dress made with my finalised bodice block.

The original dress has pleats in the waistband and I was never entirely sure that the pleats worked.  After making Dress 001 without the pleats, I think it would have been better either with those pleats, or with the waistband being more fitting in the waist area, and/or with the Classic Empire midriff.

The original dress also had more fullness in the skirt.


Credit for the Stock Photo I used to create the Vector Croquis on this page:

Andersonrise from 123RF Stock Photos

Copyright: andersonrise / 123RF Stock Photo


  1. Comments (0)

  2. Add yours

Comments (0)

There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

  1. Posting comment as a guest. Sign up or login to your account.
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location