Measurements Needed to Make Skirt Block
There are really only 4 measurements needed to create the Skirt Block, but if you prefer to divide the waist and hips measurements into the Front/Back Arcs, then you need 8 measurements.
The measurements are shown on the images below.
- Waist: Around the smallest part of the torso.
- Front Waist Arc: From the Side seam to Centre Front.
- Skirt Length: From Waist down below knee (personal preference).
- Hip: Around the widest part of the body below the waist.
- Front Hip Arc: From the side seam to centre front of the hip circle.
- Hipline Depth: From waist to the widest part of the body.
- Back Waist Arc: From side seam to side seam at waist level.
- Back Hip Arc: From side seam to side seam at hip level.