Measurements Needed to Make Pants Block
Note that the written instructions that are listed in this menu and the measurements below that relate to those written instructions work well only for Standard Figures.
I have devised a new method for drafting pants, but currently only have videos (not written instructions) for drafting pants using that system. If you have a non-standard figure (i.e. you find it difficult to find ready-to-wear pants that fit well), use my video instructions, which include the measurement information.
There are 9 measurements needed to draft the Pants Block for the Standard Figure; They are shown on the images below.
- Waist: Around the smallest part of the torso.
- Waist to Ankle: From Waist to the ankle bone.
- Hip Depth: From the waist to the hip.
- Front Hip Arc: From side seam to side seam at hip level.
- Front Waist Arc: From side seam to side seam at waist level.
- Back Hip Arc: From side seam to side seam at the hip level.
- Back Waist Arc: From side seam to side seam at the waist level.
- Crotch Depth: From the waist to the chair seat when in a sitting position.
- Crotch Length: From front waist, under the crotch, to back waist.